Sweeping Terms & Conditions
General Chimney Sweeping terms and conditions
1. Please refer to Rural Heat general Terms of Trade and conditions which also apply General Terms & Conditions.
2. Each package applies to one specific appliance in the property. Where there is more than one appliance needing to be covered, a combination of packages can be purchased.
3. Chimney cleaning/Nests/ blockages/pests: Chimney cleaning to the required standard is not always possible due to a number of factors including inaccessible crevices, tight bends & incorrect termination, the engineer will normally advice is any aspect of the sweep has been deemed unsuccessful, in any event the cost of the sweep will still be due, this included installations where no provision has been made for sweeping. When clearing a blockage it can take varying amounts of time to clear. Our engineers will advise of the likely cost as we proceed. The minimal charge for nest removal is 1.5 times our sweep rate, this is due to the level of danger, risk of contracting disease & the cost of waste disposal. If we are prevented for any reason from completing the removal of the blockage, or other work to a flue, full time costs incurred will be charged. It is illegal to remove a nest where fledglings are present. Where wasps or bees are found, it is the customer’s responsibility for organising their emoval, visits to establish this will still incur a call out charge which is equal to our sweeping charge.
4. Where multiple packages or offers are in place, only the highest discount will apply. Discounts cannot be added together.
5. All packages require either an annual or monthly standing order being set up.
6. All chimney care packages are subject to a 14 day cooling off period during which they was not in place.
11. The chimney care package is subject to a 12 month minimum contract, thereafter it will run until the standing order is cancelled.
12. Providing we have not visited to carry out any work, a care package can be up or downgraded within 2 months of starting. They can then be changed once every 12 months.
13. If you cancel your package early and we have not visited in the last 9 months, no cancellation fee will be due. However, if we have visited, the remainder of the 12 month term will be due.
14. For the purposes of cancellation, please notify us prior to midday (12.00pm) on the last day of your annual contract.
15. Under the package we will make contact with you to arrange the service/sweep at a convenient time. This will normally be during the warmer months of the year, but is dependent upon what point in a given year the contract commenced.
16. Spare parts covered by the Essential Care Package discount scheme are: Rope, Glue, Glass, (subject to availability)
17. Parts excluded from either spares discount or free replacement under the Care Package include:
The main fabric of the stove such as: The stove body, legs, doors, door handles, hinges, Grates and Grate bars, Baffle plates, Bricks, Ashpans, ceramic, soapstone or glass casing panels, thermostatic controls.
The following are classed as Accessories and additions: Thermometers, stove and circulatory fans and ducts, kettles, trivets, companion sets, log baskets.
Any components connected to a water supply such as: boilers, boiler controls and any plumbing connected to the stove.
Fireplace components such as: surrounds, mantles, beams, hearths and back panels.
Flue components such as: stove pipe, closure/register/debris plates, flue liner, support components and connectors, chimney breast, stack and chimney pots.
18. If appliance parts are required to be fitted and the appliance has not been swept for 6 months we will carry out the annual sweep service while fitting the parts.
19. We will endeavour to make contact with you at least twice in order to arrange to service/sweep your appliance, if however we are unable arrange a sweep in a 12 month period no refund of package fees will be due.
20. Where we are not notified of parts required prior to our visit we reserve the right to post to you at our expense for you to fit them, or you to pay for a call out for us to fit.
21. Replacement parts will be to manufacturer’s specification (or better) but not necessarily directly from the manufacturer.
22. For replacement part prices please see our website. Where part prices are not listed, we will revert to manufacturer’s RRP.
23. Where parts are no longer available or difficult to obtain, we will endeavour to substitute where possible but this may incur additional charges.
24. Where we need to employ a 3rd party to carry out work to facilitate fitting spares, their costs (as well as the cost of removing and refitting the stove where this is required in extreme cases) will be chargeable. Examples of this could include seized handles which need cutting off, rusted clips which need drilling out and re-tapping.
25. Rural Heat Ltd reserves the right to cancel a care package at any time.
26. All prices include VAT where applicable.